Ways to Give: More Ways to Give: Tribute Gifts
Pay tribute with these fund options
Memorial or honorary gifts can be an especially meaningful way to commemorate a loved one or celebrate a personal milestone while also benefitting the community colleges.
You can make a gift in memory or in honor of someone special by giving to an existing fund (donors using our secure online gift form will be prompted for tribute gift information), or by establishing a named fund for a particular purpose.
Add to an Existing Fund
- Annual Fund – Unrestricted contributions in any amount can be made to an Annual Fund to help us meet the greatest needs of our campuses.
- Scholarship Fund – Contributions to a college’s or The Foundation’s Scholarship Fund support deserving students with financial need.
- Designated Gifts – Please contact us if you are interested in directing a gift to an existing fund.
Establish a Named Fund
A named fund can be a wonderful way to commemorate a person’s memory or recognize a personal milestone—a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or retirement. Dollar thresholds for establishing named funds vary depending upon the type of fund. You may take up to three years to create an expendable or endowed fund, or a fund can be established through your estate plans.
- Expendable Funds are used in their entirety, generally within a relatively short time frame. Some larger expendable gifts can be used over longer periods. The minimum gift to establish a named expendable fund is $10,000.
- Endowed Funds provide support every year in perpetuity to carry out a designated purpose. The minimum gift to establish a named endowment is $25,000.
If you wish to include information in an obituary to direct memorial gifts to The Foundation or one of the colleges, we offer the following sample wording:
In lieu of flowers, gifts may be made to The Foundation for New Hampshire Community Colleges in memory of [individual’s name] to support [name specific college]. Checks may be made payable to FNHCC and mailed to 26 College Drive, Concord, NH 03301.
Notice to Family Members/Honorees
Family members or honorees will be given the names and addresses of individuals who make a gift (individual gift amounts are not shared), should they wish to send personal acknowledgements.