About: Donor Bill of Rights
The Foundation's promise to our donors
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life in our country.
To earn the respect and trust of the alumni, administration, faculty and staff as well as the general public, The Foundation for New Hampshire Community Colleges declares that its donors have the right to:
- Be informed of both the System’s and Foundation’s mission, and of The Foundation’s philanthropic purposes.
- Be assured that their gifts will be used only for the purposes for which they were given.
- Be informed of the composition of The Foundation’s Board of Directors and expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in fulfilling its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Have access to The Foundation’s financial statements.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement of their gifts and recognition of themselves as supporters.
- Be assured that gift and donor information will be handled with respect, discretion and confidentiality, and in compliance with New Hampshire and Federal laws.
- Expect that The Foundation’s relationships with donors and others will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those in contact with them to seek support for The Foundation are volunteers, employees or hired fundraisers.
- Be assured that The Foundation will not share their names with other organizations for mailing lists or other for-profit purposes.
- Expect thorough discourse when making a gift, feel comfortable asking questions and receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Adapted from the Donor Bill of Rights developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education and the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Adopted by The Foundation Board of Directors 5/19/08