Ways to Give
Establish a charitable remainder trust
A Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) is a gift arrangement that allows you to retain an income for yourself, your spouse, and/or others, while making a generous gift to The Foundation for New Hampshire Community Colleges. As a charitable remainder trust donor, you irrevocably transfer assets, usually cash or securities, to a trustee of your choice (for example, a bank trust company).
Advantages of a Charitable Remainder Trust:
- You can receive income for life or a term of years.
- If you make your gift with cash or low-yielding securities, you will increase your current income.
- If you make your gift with appreciated securities, you may avoid capital gains taxes.
- You will receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction.
- You may reduce your estate tax.
- You will have the satisfaction of supporting students or a program important to you.
- You will be recognized as a member of our legacy society.