Ways to Give

Donate securities

Many donors prefer to give appreciated securities directly to The Foundation rather than sell them and donate their proceeds, as this allows for certain tax benefits.  If you own securities that have lost value, you can sell the stock, take the capital loss deduction, and make a gift to support the community colleges.

Whether your stocks are held by yourself or are kept with a bank/broker, it is important that you notify The Foundation in advance of making a gift of securities. This will help to ensure that proper crediting and timely acknowledgement take place.

Transfers from a Bank or Broker

If your bank or broker holds your securities, please contact our Finance Operations Director Kim Brent or Development Coordinator Lisa Clark for DTC instructions.  We will also need the following information:

  • The donor’s name, address and telephone number
  • The broker’s name, company and telephone number
  • Name of the security
  • Number of shares
  • Purpose of the gift

Transfers of Physical Stock Certificates

If you are transferring physical stock certificate(s), please contact Kim Brent, 603-230-3540.

Interested in more options for giving?


Tim Allison
Executive Director